Alec Baldwin tweeted the full transcript of last week’s Buzzfeed video debate alongside the writer Dave Weigel
The beef between Alec Baldwin and Buzzfeed continues.
With Buzzfeed reportedly preparing to file an additional lawsuit against the actor and liberal activist, Baldwin used his very own instagram account to pass the video he shot with one of the buzzfeed staff.
Alec Baldwin (@ABFalecbaldwin) 9:10:39 – 9:10:41 – 9:10:43 = MORE COLEPOUND & LONGER
On Friday, Buzzfeed filed a complaint against the actor, claiming he was interfering with the rights of the company’s writers and employees, and that he was not entitled to anything. The US supreme court has a ruling that executives in a corporation cannot legally interfere with the publication of opinion pieces within the company’s editorial pages. Buzzfeed, as a media company, has only the rights to the opinions they publish within the publication.
The final post of the 140-second short-form video was posted on Twitter on Friday, entitled “Solemn & Profane”:
Baldwin, despite the fact that the BuzzFeed site and video-maker Ben Smith are named in the lawsuit, uses the Twitter account to pass off the commentary to his followers as his own. “If you missed it, tune in live now to the 3-1/2 hour Buzzfeed incite theater known as Charlie and Colepound: to BoePCroot! Also, Alec Baldwin spoke briefly here. “
Buzzfeed’s HQ is in Brooklyn, although many of the employees live in Manhattan. News broke that the US supreme court would hear two anti-Baldwin lawsuits at the end of November, one on allegations that he illegally trespassed into his ex-wife’s home to renew their custody agreement and the other on claims that he threatened the producer of the video for Buzzfeed.
In a brief email to the Guardian, a spokeswoman for Buzzfeed said: “The clips are an elaborate hoax and Alec Baldwin isn’t in attendance.”
Baldwin had been tweeting repeatedly, the last one at 2am on Saturday, once again tweeting a link to a tweet addressed to Buzzfeed, saying: “I refuse to believe your reporters or editors were on this fake Facebook group without ANY real knowledge of what was going on.”
On Twitter, he began the day with a since-deleted post that said “Dear Buzzfeed, if you are going to sue me over this video, just pay me.”
Alec Baldwin (@ABFalecbaldwin) Dear Buzzfeed, if you are going to sue me over this video, just pay me.
On Friday night, shortly before the tweet has been deleted, he tweeted: “But you idiots also sued me in March. I said I was very sorry.” It is unclear how close the Buzzfeed staffers came to seeing their work post. In the complaint filed, they describe seeing their feed manipulated with the sponsor video before they managed to take it down.
On Sunday, he tweeted he had been briefed on the lawsuit before it was filed and repeated that it will be a lawsuit “for which I will be prepared to fight”.
Alec Baldwin (@ABFalecbaldwin) Who knows the guy behind the hoax, they seem to be either lemmings or for cash. But I spoke to the guy in the room with me. I trust him. I’ll advise you when I know.